This week's question from my portal “The Neagle Code: Directions for Life” comes from Janet.
I have a strong desire to build a successful business, but how do I convince my prospects to invest in my programs? I know, without a doubt, that I can help them, but no one is BUYING!! How can I make THEM see that I can help them get what they want?
Hi Janet, and thanks for the great question!
The truth is…you should NEVER convince anyone to buy anything.
If you feel like you must convince, there are huge parts of your sales process that you’re missing.
Here’s a quick checklist to help you go from convincing (which never ends well), to influencing (which empowers).
1) Have you clearly discovered what they truly want?
Note: This should be their deep desire. It’s usually NOT the 1st thing they say they want.
2) Have you clearly explored with them what they think is stopping them from getting what they want?
3) Have they told you, in detail, what will happen if they don’t overcome this problem?
4) Have you excited the possibility that things can be different?
5) Do you have a clear understanding of their willingness to change?
6) Will your program or package support them in solving this problem within their desired timeframe?
If you can confidently answer these questions, and your prospect can clearly see the light at the end of their tunnel, there should be no convincing needed.
In fact, your prospect will be grateful for the conversation and desire to continue working with you!
And just a reminder…if you enter into a sales conversation with closing a sale on your mind, you’re not showing up in service to your client.
Add value to their life and value will be added to yours.
That in itself can make all the difference.
PS: The Neagle Code: Directions for Life is a weekly no-cost program that is open to everyone! Each week, I'll select and personally respond to one question received via the above “The Neagle Code” page that I feel in my heart will help the most people. (You may choose to remain anonymous if you wish, with our full support.) It is my deep, heartfelt intention that ~ in answering your questions ~ I may provide you with the Universal Truths that in committed application, will set you free. Simply submit YOUR burning question at: www.DavidNeagle.com/ask-david to participate.