This week's question from my portal “The Neagle Code: Directions for Life” comes from someone who wishes to remain anonymous.
I want 2018 to be my best year yet…and to be honest, 2017 has been a bit of a disappointment. Can you give me some pointers to help me start the New Year off on the right foot and ensure I’m doing what’s necessary to create what I actually WANT this year?
Hi, and Happy New Year!!
When we are ready to make a commitment, the evidence of how serious we are always shows up in two places first.
Our calendar and our finances.
We make the time to not only create a plan, but to carry that plan out every day, and we are willing to invest financially in whatever it takes to manifest our commitment. So, if it's not showing up in those two places first, then chances are it's just an intention and will quickly disappear shortly after the ball drops on New Year’s Eve.
Here is a plan that will turn any desire into a commitment so that it becomes a reality in 2018:
1. Become very clear on what you want. Build a vision as clear as you can and write it down in great detail. You might also want to create a vision board to go with your writing of your vision.
2. Understand where you are in your own growth so that you have an accurate place to start when creating your committed plan for success.
3. Decide what you must let go of to make room for your desire and commitment. Remove anything that does not support your new commitment from your daily life and habits.
4. Allow yourself to become emotionally involved in your new commitment. Fall in love with every aspect of what you need to Be, Do and Have in order to be fully committed to the process and the outcome.
5. Create daily activities that allow you to build momentum in your new behaviors in order to keep your commitment.
6. Spend short frequent times during your day to write and speak of your commitment as if it were actually completed.
7. Before you get out of bed in the morning and before you go to sleep each night, find 3 things to be grateful for that day and 3 things that you appreciate about yourself that day. This will keep you focused on the good that happens each day, even if something goes wrong that day.
8. Measure your success at least once per week. If we can't see how we are progressing, we will focus on what is not working and will be more likely to break our commitment.
9. Help someone else keep their commitment. This will help you reprogram your thinking and keep you excited at the same time.
10. Never give up. No matter what happens, never let your inner voice agree with any reason that your subconscious mind comes up with for you to quit. Refuse to be denied your success.
I promise you that if you follow this plan with whatever you truly desire in 2018, you will create it and every commitment that comes after will be easier.
PS: The Neagle Code: Directions for Life is a weekly no-cost program that is open to everyone! Each week, I'll select and personally respond to one question that I feel in my heart will help the most people. (You may choose to remain anonymous if you wish, with our full support.) It is my deep, heartfelt intention that ~ in answering your questions ~ I may provide you with the Universal Truths that in committed application, will set you free. See the sidebar to ask your question today!